A quick weeknight dinner. You can let the mushrooms stand while you are preparing your chicken. From Bon Appetit magazine. Adjusted slightly for my taste. The 20 to 30 minutes standing time for the mushrooms is not included in prep and cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb button mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, torn (original recipe called for 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup pecorino cheese or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1Toss the first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper to taste. Let it stand at room temperature, tossing often, until the mushrooms soften, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; set a wire rack inside. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to suit your taste; place on the rack. Spread mayonnaise on the chicken and sprinkle with cheese.
- 3Bake for 5 minutes. Turn on the broiler. Broil until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Serve with the mushroom salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecorino-Crusted Chicken With Mushroom Salad
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.4
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 94.7 mg
- Sodium 152.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 34.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: