Recipe by Abby Girl
These little breadsticks punch a lot of flavor. Perfect for appetizers or along side salads.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup pecorino romano cheese, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, cheese, baking powder, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add 5 tablespoons water and oil; stir until dough forms. Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead lightly 4 or 5 times.
- Divide dough into 10 - 12 equal portions, shaping each portion into an 8-inch rope. Place ropes on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 10 - 15 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack.