Leslie in Texas's Note:
Pechuga de Parilla means "chicken from the grill", but this flavorful marinade can be used for shrimp, pork, or even quail. It comes from a 1986 Houston Post recipe by Mary Nell Reck and I've served it since then. This colorful Southwestern dinner goes well with black or charro beans, Spanish rice, and flan for dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano (6 T. fresh)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, deveined, and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed then finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 red onions
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 limes (garnish)
- 1Combine the ingredients for the marinade.
- 2Place the chicken in the marinade,turning to cover all sides.
- 3Cover and marinate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 4Slice the red,yellow, and green bell peppers into 1/2 inch slices,remove seeds and veins.
- 5Peel and slice the onions into 1/2 inch slices.
- 6Slice the tomatoes into 1/2 inch slices.
- 7Preheat gas or charcoal grill.
- 8Add soaked hickory chips if desired.
- 9Remove chicken breasts from marinade;reserve marinade.
- 10Grill chicken breasts until done.
- 11Transfer to serving platter and keep warm.
- 12Place the vegetables on the grill and brush generously with reserved marinade.
- 13Allow 5-7 minutes for the onions, 3-4 minutes for the peppers, and 2 minutes for the tomatoes.
- 14Cook all vegetables except for the tomatoes on both sides.
- 15While veggies are cooking, bring 1 c marinade to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 16Place the grilled vegetables on the platter surrounding the chicken and drizzle with the warm marinade.
- 17Garnish with lime slices and cilantro sprigs.
- 18Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pechuga a La Parilla
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.6
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 1427.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 41.0 g