Recipe by Rita~
This salad is sweet, salty, smokey, crisp, crunchy, tangy and creamy! You've got crunchy and salty Pecans and Bacon, Sweet baby onions. Creamy, salty cheese. A lively tangy balsamic dressing. Over bitter young greens. Enjoy!
Top Review by Barb G.
This salad is different, is very good with lots of flavor. Easy to make. I toasted the pecans first in a little butter on top of the stove, Caramelized the onions and made the dressing all in the same pan.Made the recipe as stated. We loved all the flavors, I will be making it again as it is a very good salad. Thank you Rita for another yummy recipe.
- 2 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 white pearl onions, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces pecans, pan toasted
- 3 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 6 cups baby greens
- 1 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a hot pan heat butter add onions and brown sugar cook till caramelized remove onions and set aside.
- Deglaze pan with vinegar add sugar whisk in oil, turn off heat whisk in herbs and sugar.
- Toss half the dressing into greens.
- Plate greens top with onions, cheese, bacon,tomatoes and pecans.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing.