Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 3 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 3⁄4 cups wheat, pilaf uncooked
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup currants
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in rice. Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 50 to 60 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Set aside, and keep warm.
- While rice is simmering, bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in wheat pilaf. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until wheat pilaf is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Combine reserve wild rice, wheat pilaf, pecans, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Serve warm or at room temperature.