Reminiscent of the outstanding pecan waffles from The Camellia Grill, New Orleans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups peach preserves
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1To make the preserves: add the peach preserves and bourbon to a small saucepan; warm over medium heat; set aside.
- 2To make the waffles: chop ¾ cup pecans in a food processor until they are uniformly fine.
- 3Add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt; continue processing until the mixture forms a fine meal.
- 4Transfer to a bowl; whisk in the egg yolk one at a time, followed by the milk and melted butter.
- 5In another bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff but still glossy.
- 6Heat a greased waffle iron; fold in egg whites into the batter.
- 7Cook the waffles one at a time, following the directions from the waffle iron manufacturer; they should be crisp and brown when done.
- 8Serve the waffles individually as they are ready or hold them briefly in a warm oven until all are finished.
- 9Sprinkle each with a portion of the remaining pecans and accompany them with softened butter and warm Bourbon-Peach Preserves.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Waffles With Bourbon-Peach Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1051.4
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 217.2 mg
- Sodium 619.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 66.1 g
- Protein 15.9 g