1/3 Photos of Pecan Turtle Bars
Super Wifey's Note:
My mother-in-law makes these by the thousands every Christmas. They are terribly addictive and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet butter (real butter)
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1Combine flour, sugar and butter, press into 9 x 13 pan.
- 2Place pecan halves 1 inch apart all over the crust, sprinkle remaining chopped pecans over the crust.
- 3To make caramel topping, put 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 brown sugar in a saucepan.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it boils.
- 5Boil 30 seconds stirring constantly.
- 6Pour caramel layer over the crust.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. (Underbake as opposed to overbake).
- 8Sprinkle milk chocolate chips over the top.
- 9Let it stand until chocolate gets melty, then swirl it.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Turtle Bars
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.3
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 70.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g