My mother-in-law makes these by the thousands every Christmas. They are terribly addictive and easy to make.
- Combine flour, sugar and butter, press into 9 x 13 pan.
- Place pecan halves 1 inch apart all over the crust, sprinkle remaining chopped pecans over the crust.
- To make caramel topping, put 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it boils.
- Boil 30 seconds stirring constantly.
- Pour caramel layer over the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. (Underbake as opposed to overbake).
- Sprinkle milk chocolate chips over the top.
- Let it stand until chocolate gets melty, then swirl it.