1/3 Photos of Pecan Turtle Bars
Super Wifey's Note:
My mother-in-law makes these by the thousands every Christmas. They are terribly addictive and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet butter (real butter)
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1Combine flour, sugar and butter, press into 9 x 13 pan.
- 2Place pecan halves 1 inch apart all over the crust, sprinkle remaining chopped pecans over the crust.
- 3To make caramel topping, put 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 brown sugar in a saucepan.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it boils.
- 5Boil 30 seconds stirring constantly.
- 6Pour caramel layer over the crust.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. (Underbake as opposed to overbake).
- 8Sprinkle milk chocolate chips over the top.
- 9Let it stand until chocolate gets melty, then swirl it.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Turtle Bars
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.3
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 70.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g