Recipe by ladyroseofrohan
My mother-in-law makes these by the thousands every Christmas. They are terribly addictive and easy to make.
Top Review by LILLIANCOOKS
In my experience with making turtle bars it always works best for me to use equal amounts of flour and brown sugar. If I use more flour than sugar the bars turn out too dry. So I used 1 1/2 cups of each for the bars. These are delicious and very decadant, as they should be...YUM! I added my photo!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter (real butter)
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar and butter, press into 9 x 13 pan.
- Place pecan halves 1 inch apart all over the crust, sprinkle remaining chopped pecans over the crust.
- To make caramel topping, put 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it boils.
- Boil 30 seconds stirring constantly.
- Pour caramel layer over the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. (Underbake as opposed to overbake).
- Sprinkle milk chocolate chips over the top.
- Let it stand until chocolate gets melty, then swirl it.