Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from Betty ;)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (do not use margarine)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 dash salt
- Heat oven to 375°F Spray 9-inch or 8-inch round cake pan with baking spray with flour (or grease and flour pan).
- In medium bowl, stir all cornbread ingredients except pecans until well blended. Pour into pan. Sprinkle pecans evenly over top.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter with spoon until creamy. Slowly beat in honey and salt until well blended.
- Serve warm cornbread with honey butter.