Recipe by Courtly
From taste of home.
Top Review by farmchick #2
This is a great recipe. I used egg whites instead of eggs, skipped the pie crust and made a kind of custard, and only made 1/2 the nut mixture. My almost 2 year old is on his second helping. Just as good as pumpkin, and better than some. I think I'll make this for Easter...
- 4 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 1 inches of water to a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 9 to 11 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Place the carrots, milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt in a blender. Cover and process until pureed; process 1 minute longer. Pour into pastry shell. Combine the pecans, brown sugar and butter; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and edges are browned. [Cover edges of crust with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.] Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.