Prep 20 mins
Cook 37 mins
This is incredibly rich and gooey. I got the recipe off of a yellow cake mix box. It is easy to make and the end results are amazing
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 6 ounces Skor English toffee bits or 6 ounces Heath candy bars, bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 13x9 pan, I use cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, margarine or butter and one egg, mix well with pastry blender or fork, Press into 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine condensed milk, vanilla extract and 1 egg.
- Mix well.
- Stir in toffee bits and pecans.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Pour filling over warm base.
- Return to oven and bake for 22-30 minutes more or until filling is set.
- Cool until completely cooled.
- Cut into bars and store in refrigerator.
Was going to post and you beat me to it!!
I made these for Thanksgiving and everyone loved them. Something different than the usual holiday deserts. Made them the day before and they were fine the day of Thanksgiving.