Recipe by Noo
Shortbread topped with pecan studded toffee. Mmm… delicious! You can omit the cornflour and swap it for more plain flour if you wish, but the cornflour gives the shortbread a lighter texture.
Top Review by I'mPat
Made this for the DS to take to his adult music recreation group where they very much enjoyed it. I baked at 170C fan forced oven and the base was a lovely golden colour after 18 minutes. I used a mix of pecans (4oz) and macadamias (2oz). Thank you Noo, made for Please Review My Recipe.
- 14.79 ml ground coffee
- 14.79 ml nearly boiling water
- 118.32 ml softened butter
- 29.58 ml smooth peanut butter
- 85.04 g caster sugar
- 85.04 g cornflour
- 184.27 g plain flour
- 177.48 ml butter
- 170.09 g soft light brown sugar
- 29.58 ml golden syrup
- 170.09 g pecans, nuts-roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to gas 4/180/350 degrees. Grease and line a 7x11" pan with silicone paper.
- Put the coffee into a bowl and pour the hot water over. Leave to infuse for 4 minutes, then strain.
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar and coffee together until light. Sift the cornflour and flour together and mix it in to wet mixture to form a smooth dough.
- Press the dough into the pan and prick all over with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes.
- For the topping, put the butter, sugar and syrup into a pan and heat until melted. Bring to a boil, allow to simmer for 5 minutes, and then add the nuts.