1/4 Photos of Pecan Toffee Shortbread
Shortbread topped with pecan studded toffee. Mmm… delicious! You can omit the cornflour and swap it for more plain flour if you wish, but the cornflour gives the shortbread a lighter texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon nearly boiling water
- 8 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 3 ounces caster sugar
- 3 ounces cornflour
- 6 1/2 ounces plain flour
- 1Preheat the oven to gas 4/180/350 degrees. Grease and line a 7x11" pan with silicone paper.
- 2Put the coffee into a bowl and pour the hot water over. Leave to infuse for 4 minutes, then strain.
- 3Cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar and coffee together until light. Sift the cornflour and flour together and mix it in to wet mixture to form a smooth dough.
- 4Press the dough into the pan and prick all over with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 5For the topping, put the butter, sugar and syrup into a pan and heat until melted. Bring to a boil, allow to simmer for 5 minutes, and then add the nuts.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Toffee Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.9
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 112.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: