Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm always looking for recipes to throw in the freezer for little snacks. These are wonderfully easy, not too many ingredients and give you the need for sweet without "having" to eat the whole batch!
- 6 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups butter, chilled
- 42 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 24 ounces toffee pieces
- Mix flour and confectioners sugar in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Cut in the chilled butter, until crumbly.
- Press mixture evenly in the bottom of an un-greased 9”x13” pan.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the pecans and the toffee chips. Spread over hot crust.
- Bake at 350F for an additional 25 minutes. Cool overnight and then cut into bars.
- To Freeze: Put cut bars into a freezer bag or rigid container. (It's good if you put waxed paper in between so they stick) Seal, label and freeze.
- To Serve: Thaw in the refrigerator. Serve chilled or at room temperature. (I like them best chilled but that's up to you!).
Great Bar! I made two pans worth and plan on making more. They baked and froze great. I ended up using 1/2 the toffee listed only because I didn't have enough, and thus used about 1.5 times the pecans listed. Turned out perfect. Make sure to refrigerate them at least for a few hours before cutting. They cut much better cold. I think they are also very good straight from the freezer. No thawing needed, they stay soft enough.
These are perfect:) Thanks for sharing another winner, Tish.