Recipe by Karen C
Super easy recipe to make. We make these every year for Christmas although they can be made any time of the year.The cookies themselves are a little plain, but the icing makes them oh so delicious.
Top Review by Butterfly Blue
This review it to correct and complete the 1st one I did not get to finish.<br/>This is a very good recipe, it did take longer to make than I expected. <br/>These thumbprint cookies broght back memories of my childhood.<br/>They were just like or better than the high dollar ones at the bakery!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- food coloring
- water, for thick paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto greased cookie sheet.
- Place thumb print into each ball to make an indent for icing being sure not to go all the way through dough.
- Bake 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Place cookies on wax paper and prepare icing. Icing should be a thick paste. If icing is too thin add more confectioners sugar; if too thick add more water.
- Fill the indents in each cookie with icing. Icing will harden.