Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Super easy recipe to make. We make these every year for Christmas although they can be made any time of the year.The cookies themselves are a little plain, but the icing makes them oh so delicious.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- food coloring
- water, for thick paste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto greased cookie sheet.
- Place thumb print into each ball to make an indent for icing being sure not to go all the way through dough.
- Bake 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Place cookies on wax paper and prepare icing. Icing should be a thick paste. If icing is too thin add more confectioners sugar; if too thick add more water.
- Fill the indents in each cookie with icing. Icing will harden.
This review it to correct and complete the 1st one I did not get to finish.<br/>This is a very good recipe, it did take longer to make than I expected. <br/>These thumbprint cookies broght back memories of my childhood.<br/>They were just like or better than the high dollar ones at the bakery!