Recipe by sugarpea
Delicate, shortcake-like cookies. They're dainty and make a great accompaniment to any light dessert, especially fruit or pudding. Cook time will vary; I posted for 1 dozen cookies baked at a time.
Top Review by Ducky
Nice cookie without being too sweet. I did have difficulty incorporating in the pecans (and I used only 1 1/4C) and rolling into logs. Once the dough was chilled, they cut easily and baked well. Thanks.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add egg and vanilla and blend well.
- Combine dry ingredients except pecans and gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in pecans.
- Divide dough in half and shape each half into a 1 1/2" diameter log.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 3 hours or until firm.
- Cut dough into 1/4" thick slices.
- Place 2" apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned at 350°.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Can be stored in airtight container for several weeks.