Top Review by Wenstar
These are so deliciouse! I have made these before but in my old age forgot to rate them. I just made them again for Thanksgiving (double recipe) using the tassie pastry recomended by Evelyn, and they were all gone by the next day.I already have requests from the kids and my husband to make them for their various Christmas parties. Thank you for a wonderful addition to our holiday cookie plate.
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all filling ingredients together well.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully distribute filling mixture into pastry-lined muffin cups.
- Fill each pastry cup 3/4s of the way full.
- The amount needed does vary because there is no standard to the size of mini-muffin cups (mine are just about the smallest I've seen and I use about a 3/4 tsp of filling per tassie).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Immediately, and very carefully using the tip of a pointed knife, gently knudge out each tassie out of its cup and transfer to a rack to cool.
- If they cool in the pan too long, they are more difficult to remove.
- Your first couple may break (those are the ones I eat on the spot- the rewards of making them!), but you will soon learn just the right 'move' to remove them perfectly.