Recipe by muncheechee
This recipe has been a holiday favorite for many years. I love getting together with my mom and baking these for Christmas. These come out like mini pecan pies but not overly sweet as most pecan pies seem to be.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsly chopped
- 24 pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- EQUIPMENT: Mini-muffin pan (24 cup). Mini-tart shaper (optional but highly recommended to make perfect tarts fast - I got mine from Pampered Chef).
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Blend softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter, and flour to form the dough. Chill dough for one hour.
- Spray mini muffin pan(s) with non stick spray (Bakers Joy or Pam).
- Remove dough from refridgerator and roll into 24 1-inch balls.
- Place dough balls into mini-muffin cups and press balls against the bottom and sides to form a mini pie crust. If using the mini-tart shaper, dip shaper in flour and tap off excess then press straight down on the dough ball.
- Beat egg, brown sugar, 1 tbsp butter, vanilla, and salt together.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans into dough cups, filling each cup half full.
- Fill each tart almost full of brown sugar mixture.
- Place a pecan half on top of each tart (or sprinkle with chopped pecans).
- Bake at 325F for 25 minutes, or until set.
- Cool in pans.
- Serve and watch them disappear!