1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe has been a holiday favorite for many years. I love getting together with my mom and baking these for Christmas. These come out like mini pecan pies but not overly sweet as most pecan pies seem to be.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1EQUIPMENT: Mini-muffin pan (24 cup). Mini-tart shaper (optional but highly recommended to make perfect tarts fast - I got mine from Pampered Chef).
- 2Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 3Blend softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter, and flour to form the dough. Chill dough for one hour.
- 4Spray mini muffin pan(s) with non stick spray (Bakers Joy or Pam).
- 5Remove dough from refridgerator and roll into 24 1-inch balls.
- 6Place dough balls into mini-muffin cups and press balls against the bottom and sides to form a mini pie crust. If using the mini-tart shaper, dip shaper in flour and tap off excess then press straight down on the dough ball.
- 7Beat egg, brown sugar, 1 tbsp butter, vanilla, and salt together.
- 8Sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans into dough cups, filling each cup half full.
- 9Fill each tart almost full of brown sugar mixture.
- 10Place a pecan half on top of each tart (or sprinkle with chopped pecans).
- 11Bake at 325F for 25 minutes, or until set.
- 12Cool in pans.
- 13Serve and watch them disappear!
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Tassies
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.4
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 95.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g