Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A popular cookie for the holidays, made with a cream cheese cookie dough and raisin /pecan filling.
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 6 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- Combine margarine and cream cheese with a fork until smooth.
- Add flour in four additions; work in to make very smooth dough.
- Shape into 1 1/4-inch balls;
- Press into small muffin or tart cups to make shells.
- Slowly beat lite brown sugar into eggs.
- Mix in butter, salt, and vanilla.
- Put about 6 raisins and 1/2 teaspoon chopped pecans in each shell; add filling, not quite full.
- Top with a few nuts.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350°, until set.
- Make ahead of time.
- Put wax paper between layers to store.
- Makes about 48 cookies.