Top Review by Claire #3
This is an easy to make, tasty dessert with an impressive presentation. The dough is very simple (only three ingredients!) and is easy to work with as well. I wouldn't describe this recipe as labor intensive, but you do have to stand there and press 24 balls of dough into 24 mini muffin tins. It's not hard, but it takes a few minutes. This is the first recipe I made in my new mini-muffin tin and I was quite impressed. Also, since my pan was non-stick, the tassies popped right out. These freeze well.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend cream cheese and butter, add flour.
- Refrigeerate for about 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in 24 balls and press in mini muffin pans.
- (Note: Do not use dark coated pans.) Filling---------------.
- Combine egg, brown sugar, vanilla and nuts.
- Fill cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from pans.