Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Blend cream cheese and butter, add flour.
- Refrigeerate for about 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in 24 balls and press in mini muffin pans.
- (Note: Do not use dark coated pans.) Filling---------------.
- Combine egg, brown sugar, vanilla and nuts.
- Fill cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from pans.
This is an easy to make, tasty dessert with an impressive presentation. The dough is very simple (only three ingredients!) and is easy to work with as well. I wouldn't describe this recipe as labor intensive, but you do have to stand there and press 24 balls of dough into 24 mini muffin tins. It's not hard, but it takes a few minutes. This is the first recipe I made in my new mini-muffin tin and I was quite impressed. Also, since my pan was non-stick, the tassies popped right out. These freeze well.
These were great and would have been better if I would have thinned the crust out more when pressing it in the mini muffin pan. Nest time I think I will also refrigerate the dough beforehand to make it easier to work with. It gets a little crumbly when just at room temp.
Very similar to a recipe I lost years ago. If you don't get the dough totally up the sides, the filling will overflow and stick to the rim making it hard to get them out. We lost three (shucks - forced to eat the rejects). They are awesome - Thanks!