Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The cream cheese crust is wonderful! I've included the chilling time in the prep time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a small mixing bowl beat margarine and cream cheese together.
- Add flour; beat well.
- Cover and chill about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Divide dough in thirds; roll to about 1/4" thickness.
- With a 3" cookie cutter, cut out as many circles from each third as you are able (the goal is to end up with 24 circles).
- Place each circle into an ungreased muffin pan cup; flute to fit.
- FILLILNG: In a small mixing bowl stir together the egg, brown sugar, melted margarine, vanilla and almond extracts and pecans.
- Spoon a scant tablespoon of the mixture into each dough-lined muffin cup.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until filling is set and crust is lightly browned.
- Cool about 10 minutes and remove from muffin pan.
I lost this recipe several years ago and am thrilled to have located it on this site. I not only fill the little tarts with nut mixtures they also come out great just cooked as the little crusts and cooled then filled with chocolate or vanilla pudding and toped with cream or fill with fruit fillings or even fill with a ground beef, mash potato mixture for mini meatpies. Thanks for the recipe
I made these for my best friend's 16-year old birthday tea. They went over great! The dough is kinda hard to work with. Make sure you roll it out on a floured surface.