Recipe by CarrolJ
My sister, Sharon brought a batch of these to my home and in about 2 days the four of us had finished them. Yes they are that good! These have a rich shortbread cookie style crust. The filling is similar in flavor to a traditional pecan pie but not quite as sweet or sticky in texture. They should be baked in 24 regular sized muffin tins. This recipe is a money saver over some other tart recipes since it uses pecan pieces. The smaller pieces of nuts are more attractive on the small little tarts and they give a pecan taste with every bite.
Top Review by mapaklenk
I am only rating the crust for these little tarts. This made about 45 little tarts for me. I used my muffin tins after spraying with Pam. I tripled my regular pecan pie filling for the 45 tarts, which was perfect. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof softened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2-1 3⁄4 cups pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend softened butter, granulated sugar & cream cheese.
- Add flour and cream together.
- Press a small amount of crust mixture onto the sides and bottom of each 'oil sprayed' muffin cup.
- Mix brown sugar, beaten eggs, and melted butter together.
- Add the pecan pieces.
- Pour about 1 TSP of filling mixure into each crusted muffin cup.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.