Recipe by Color Guard Mom
I love these - mini pecan pies. They look very elegant on the cookie trays and people devour them.
Top Review by jennibutterfly
These are just like the ones mom made when I was a kid! Yummy! I added a bit more pecans to the mixture. Only fill up tarts about halfway because otherwise it spills over and they don't look as pretty. Refrigerate dough first and scoop it out with a cookie scoop. Much easier to work with. Only baked about 20 minutes.
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl combine sugar, pecans, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of mixture into each prepared tart shell.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- On a wire rack, cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
- In large bowl combine flour, margarine and cream cheese to form soft dough.
- Shape into 3/4 inch balls.
- Press into ungreased mini muffin pans to form tart shells.