I love these - mini pecan pies. They look very elegant on the cookie trays and people devour them.
Make and share this Pecan Tarts recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl combine sugar, pecans, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of mixture into each prepared tart shell.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- On a wire rack, cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
- In large bowl combine flour, margarine and cream cheese to form soft dough.
- Shape into 3/4 inch balls.
- Press into ungreased mini muffin pans to form tart shells.
These are just like the ones mom made when I was a kid! Yummy! I added a bit more pecans to the mixture. Only fill up tarts about halfway because otherwise it spills over and they don't look as pretty. Refrigerate dough first and scoop it out with a cookie scoop. Much easier to work with. Only baked about 20 minutes.
The filling was great but I thought the crust was lacking flavor in comparison. Next time I would make a different crust. Thanks!
Excellent!! perfect mixture of sweet and nutty, crunchy and gooey! I added some sugar to the dough, and it turned out wonderfully! thanks Color Guard Mom!!