Recipe by FarahC
These are wonderfully rich mini pecan pies. Great for baby or wedding showers and brunches.
Top Review by BB502
These little tarts are so yummy! The dough is a wonderful cream cheese dough and the filling tastes like little pecan pies! I used my cream cheese at cool temp, but soft and the butter was cold and diced. These are wonderful and I will make them often!
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For filling:
- Mix together eggs,brown sugar,white sugar, vanilla,pecans in a bowl. Set aside.
- For crust:.
- In a separate bowl, add your diced cheese and butter that has been frozen to a hard state with a sharp knife. Add in flour. Mix until everything is incorporated and coming together, much like a biscuit dough.
- Chill 45 minutes covered in plastic wrap. When chilled, roll out about pie crust thickness. Cut dough out with a small juice glass, or eyeball what your pan size muffin is and work with that for an idea.
- Press dough disk into greased tiny sized mini muffin pans. Add 1 teaspoon of filling at a time into shells. Bake 350°F for 20-25 minutes. Let cool at room temperature.