Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are wonderfully rich mini pecan pies. Great for baby or wedding showers and brunches.
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For filling:
- Mix together eggs,brown sugar,white sugar, vanilla,pecans in a bowl. Set aside.
- For crust:.
- In a separate bowl, add your diced cheese and butter that has been frozen to a hard state with a sharp knife. Add in flour. Mix until everything is incorporated and coming together, much like a biscuit dough.
- Chill 45 minutes covered in plastic wrap. When chilled, roll out about pie crust thickness. Cut dough out with a small juice glass, or eyeball what your pan size muffin is and work with that for an idea.
- Press dough disk into greased tiny sized mini muffin pans. Add 1 teaspoon of filling at a time into shells. Bake 350°F for 20-25 minutes. Let cool at room temperature.
These little tarts are so yummy! The dough is a wonderful cream cheese dough and the filling tastes like little pecan pies! I used my cream cheese at cool temp, but soft and the butter was cold and diced. These are wonderful and I will make them often!