Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are great little treats. Served by many a Southern belle with fresh pecans grown right on the lawn.
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- Pastry: Mix pastry ingredients and refrigerate until firm.
- When firm, make small balls (about an inch diameter) and put them in the wells of the mini tart pan.
- Push into center with thumb to fill out and finish tart shape.
- Filling: Mix filling ingredients in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat until hot and watery.
- Add pecans, stir and remove from heat.
- Spoon into tart shell dough filling to about 1/2- 2/3 way to top.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.
OOhh yummie, I had to cut the recipe in half as I knew that eat every one of these. Great flavor and the crust and the sweet filling set each other off wonderfully. Definately a keeper!
Tasty little guys and so easy to prepare...I cut the recipe in half for a Christmas Eve get together...didn't have any left for a photo...but I will be making again and will be sure to capture one...love these bite size tartlets...thanks for posting it! :)
We call these mini pecan pies, Pecan Tassies! I make them every year for Christmas gift giving . They are addicting, little tidbits from the south that make you want to move here. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe.