Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Here's the second recipe. Then don't forget to vote! Make sure you have tart pans (mini muffin pans) to accomodate 24 tarts. Its easier to put all the tarts in at one time rather than baking them in shifts.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Mix dough ingredients.
- Put in fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Divide dough into 24 balls, putting each into ungreased miniature cupcake pans.
- With finger press each ball and shape it to the pan to make room for filling.
- In mixer, combine all filling ingredients.
- Put filling in pastry lined muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes at 350ºF.
- Then reduce to 250ºF and bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Cool slightly - remove from pans.
- *May be frozen for two weeks prior to serving.