Recipe by Food Frenzy
A delicious blend of sweet pecans tender swordfish and a hint of lemon (The nutrition information is way off because it makes a bunch of extra pecans. you can scale it down if you want but there really good by themselves)
Top Review by Gypsyspirited1
Thanks forsharing your recipe, I haven't tried it yet, but do know that I will. It sounds great! Using trout, steelhead, or salmon would work with this very well too. Hope to get more info where fish and seafood recipes are concerned. Mail away, I'm looking for new ideas, folks!
- 32 ounces swordfish
- 1 lb pecans
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup (use the real stuff)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg white until frothy add Water and salt beat together. Stir in pecans halves. Coat mixture with Sugar and cinnamon. Pour in buttered cake pan Bake 30 minutes stiring every 10 minutes. bake in 350 degree oven makes extra.
- place in plastic bag and crush then set aside.
- cut swordfish into 1 inch square cubes.
- coat fish with syrup.
- roll fish in pecans.
- bake at 350 for 15 to 17 minute until fully cooked.
- while cooking mix honey lemon zest lemon juice and pepper together bring to a simmer lighty drizzle on swordfish.