1 hr 10 mins
Vegetarian Network Austin's Note:
This recipe was featured in our October/November 2009 newsletter. It was adapted from the recipe in Healthy Holidays by Marilu Henner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Scrub the sweet potatoes thoroughly with a vegetable brush.
- 3Pierce the potatoes on all sides with a fork.
- 4Place the potatoes on the oven rack.
- 5Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- 6When cool enough to handle, peel off the skins.
- 7Cut potatoes into half-inch slices.
- 8In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the margarine, maple sugar, 1/4 cup water, and salt for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- 9Add the potatoes and pecans and stir gently until the potatoes are coated with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.1
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 294.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g