Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great recipe for the holidays. It is easy to make and the pecan topping has such a wonderful taste. You sometimes wish you could eat a helping of just the topping alone. We have this all during the year and not just at the holidays when sweet potatoes are popular.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped pecans or 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Bake sweet potatoes till completely done--about 1 hour.
- While potatoes are baking, mix together the graham crackers, pecans, soft butter, brown sugar, nutmeg; set aside.
- When potatoes are done, scoop out them out in small to medium pieces, and arrange them in a single layer, closely touching on a platter.
- With your finger, crumble all of the topping randomly over the potatoes.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on medium till the potatoes are hot.
- Serve on the very same platter.