I've recently started to like the taste of sweet potatoes, and this is one dish that got me hooked. It is from Taste of Home.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until light and fluffy.
- Transfer to a greased 11-inch by 7-inch by 2-inch baking dish.
- For topping, combine the brown sugar and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Fold in pecans.
- Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Made this as part of Thanksgiving dinner. It was the hit of the side dishes. Not too sweet and the topping is just delicious, and is a perfect crunch to the smooth potatoes.
Rating this on DH's experience making it. The directions are straightforward and the ingredients list is quite easy. We already had everything on hand, so that is a huge plus. We didn't use pecans as DH can't eat nuts. I think with the pecans it would have added a different dimension. I will have to make this for someone else with the pecans and see how it turns out. The kids enjoyed it, but asked where the marshmallows were. Lol. Made and Reviewed for 123 Hit Wonders Tag - Thanks! :)
I've used this recipe for several years now during the holidays. It's very good and the flavors are wonderful. It's a keeper. Thanks Lainey!!