Recipe by Lainey39
I've recently started to like the taste of sweet potatoes, and this is one dish that got me hooked. It is from Taste of Home.
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cold
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until light and fluffy.
- Transfer to a greased 11-inch by 7-inch by 2-inch baking dish.
- For topping, combine the brown sugar and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Fold in pecans.
- Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.