Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
originally from "Mrs. Fields Cookie Book"
Make and share this Pecan Supremes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a med. bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and oats.
- Mix well and set aside. In a large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer at med. speed.
- Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat at med. speed until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture, pecans and chocolate chips and blend at low speed just until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 1 1/2" apart. Bake for 20-22 min.
- Immediately transfer cookies to a cool, flat surface. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We enjoyed this cookie, but would not rate it among the top ten. The cookies were a little too sweet. If I made them again I would add more pecans and use less sugar.
The cookies I made using this recipe were really good, however because we restrict the use of sugar and fat in our diet, I reduced the 1 1/2 cups of sugar to 2/3 cup and the 1 cup of butter to 1/2 cup. The cookies turned out to be delicious and quite sweet enough and were much more aligned with our diet, which we believe to be more nutritious with less sugar and fat, to say nothing of the smaller colesterol content.