Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A really tasty way to fix pork chops. Enjoy!
- 2 pork chops, 1-inch thick (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced apple
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 small bay leaf
- Trim pork chops of excess fat; make a pocket in each by cutting horizontally through to the bone.
- Combine bread crumbs, onion, apple, pecans, garlic, parsley, cayenne, pepper, mustard, cumin and oil; mix well.
- Divide the mixture and fill each pocket with as much stuffing as possible.
- Place chops in a greased baking dish.
- Pour the broth and wine over them and add the bay leaf.
- Add leftover stuffing if there is any.
- Cover and bake about 1 hour or until tender, basting occasionally with pan juices.
- Serve with juices, over rice or with potatoes.