Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Add some crunch to the ordinary deviled eggs with pecans. Makes for a nice change if you love nuts the way I do. Preparation/Cooking time does not include hard boiling eggs.
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled & peeled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove yolks.
- Mash yolks in a small bowl; stir in mayonnaise, onion, parsley, mustard, and salt. Blend well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spoon or pipe yolk mixture evenly into egg-white halves.
- Garnish, if desired (paprika, fresh parsley, etc).
Whenever I make these , they are literally gone in minutes. I have never put the parsley in them, as I ALWAYS forget to grab it when I am at the store, but would love to try them with it. Also when I am in a hurry I will just use a bit of onion powder instead of the grated onion.
I love this version of deviled eggs. I cut the recipe down to just make two eggs and had them for lunch. Thanks!
Very easy and oh so delicous. The pecans add a delightful crunch. Thank you!