1/1 Photo of Pecan Streusel Stuffed Egg Nog French Toast Bake
1 hr 15 mins
Christmas Morning Casseroles. So many options, so many choices. Tradition vs. something new. (I just added a few casserole ideas to my "Holiday Food" board on Pinterest.) Here's one for this year. Or next, if you've already got this year's figured out. (If you're into trying new ones!) It's a basic stuffed French toast bake. That I hopped up with pecan streusel, and egg nog. Mouth watering, deliciousness. Not too sweet. Not too pecan-y. Not too egg nogg-y. Cut out a slice. Serve with maple syrup, powdered sugar, or as is. Divine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg nog.
- 3In another mixing bowl, blend together the pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter with knives/forks/pastry blender until crumbly.
- 4Add a layer of the sliced bread to a 9x13-inch casserole, then spread out the pecan streusel, then top with another layer of the bread. Pour the egg nog-egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle a little cinnamon and nutmeg on top, covering lightly.
- 5Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes covered with foil. Then remove the foil and bake another 25-30 minutes, or until casserole is cooked through and center bread is "Springy.".
- 6Serve with maple syrup, powdered sugar or as is. Along with some fresh fruit, bacon and/or sausage -- for a complete holiday brunch!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Streusel Stuffed Egg Nog French Toast Bake
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 996.6
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 226.2 mg
- Sodium 1198.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 145.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 40.4 g
- Protein 33.0 g