1/1 Photo of Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake
Sue Lau's Note:
An old-fashioned classic! I always loved this as a child. Tastes great with a cold glass of milk, although nowadays I like to have a nice cup of cappuccino. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease bottoms and sides of 8-inch cake pan; dust with flour.
- 2To make streusel topping: mix together brown sugar, sugar, flour, cinnamon, mace, ginger, and allspice.
- 3Using pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add pecans and work some of the mixture onto the nuts; set aside.
- 4To make cake: cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- 5Separately combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- 6Mix together dry ingredients with creamed butter and buttermilk, alternating with each, blending well after each addition.
- 7Pour half of batter into pan and smooth out; sprinkle half of streusel over batter.
- 8Pour remaining batter into pan and cover with remaining streusel. Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 9Remove cake from oven and cool in pan 15-20 minutes.
- 10To remove from pan, invert plate over top and turn, remove pan, replace with plate and invert again. Replace dropped toppings to the top. Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5150.8
- Calories from Fat 2587
- Total Fat 287.4 g
- Saturated Fat 91.4 g
- Cholesterol 738.1 mg
- Sodium 3490.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 596.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.2 g
- Sugars 332.0 g
- Protein 74.3 g