Recipe by Crystelle
This mix of cinnamon and pecan hits just the right spot! I recommend two with a tall glass of COLD milk.
Top Review by Nikoma
Very good muffins! Could use more sugar however. I accidently grabbed the 2/3 cup measuring cup instead of the 1/2 and these could still be sweeter for my taste. Other then that these are a keeper for sure.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Into each greased muffin cup, spoon 1 teaspoon butter, 1 teaspoon brown sugar and 1 heaping tablespoon of pecans.Top each with 1/4 cup batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 25-30 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Invert pan onto a piece of foil.
- Let stand for 2 minutes; remove pan.
- Serve warm.
- Yield: 1 dozen.