6 hrs 30 mins
I haven't tried these yet but they sound so good! I found this recipe in Paula's book Paula Deen Celebrates. Here is her description of the recipe: "This is an old-fashioned boiled cookie. I cut these into very tiny pieces, as they are very sweet, like a praline."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- 3In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk.
- 4Stir in the brown sugar until smooth.
- 5Pour into the top of a double boiler.
- 6Cook the mixture over simmering water for 20 minutes, stirring constantly, until it reaches the soft boil stage on a candy thermometer, 240 degrees.
- 7Let cool for 5 minutes.
- 8Sift the flour and baking powder together then stir it into the cooked mixture.
- 9Add vanilla and pecans.
- 10Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place the pan in the oven.
- 11Bake for 12 minutes.
- 12Allow to cool completely in the pan before cutting into pieces.
- 13Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Squares-Paula Deen
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.7
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 13.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g