1 hr 30 mins
These make fabulous gifts and are a great addition to your holiday dessert tray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 177.48 ml cold salted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, plus more for pan
- 78.07 ml granulated sugar
- 1Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 13x9-inch baking pan. Line the bottom and the 2 short ends with a 20-inch-long piece of aluminum foil, pleating the foil to fit and let the excess foil hang over the ends. Lightly butter the foil.
- 2To make the shortbread layer: In a medium bowl, mix the flour, butter and sugar with an electric mixer set on low speed just until combined and crumbly. Do not mix into a dough; it should remain crumbly. Press firmly and evenly into the prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand on a wire cooling rack. Leave the oven on.
- 3To make the topping: In a medium saucepan, bring the butter, brown sugar, honey, maple syrup and heavy cream to a boil, stirring until the butter melts. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the pecans. Pour and spread the pecan mixture over the crust.
- 4Return to the oven and bake until the pecan mixture is bubbling and golden brown around the edges, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire cooling rack.
- 5Run a dinner knife around the edges of the shortbread to release it. Lift up the foil "handles" and remove the shortbread from the pan. Using a long sharp knife, cut into 24 rectangles.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Squares
Serving Size: 1 (1283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.5
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.3 mg
- Sodium 95.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g