Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yum, so good!
Make and share this Pecan Squares recipe from Food.com.
- FOR THE CRUST:.
- Prep: 7 by 11 inch pan: Put pan onto piece of wax paper and draw around it and cut out the shape you have drawn. Grease the pan with Pam or margarine. Put the paper into the bottom of the pan and press it down.
- In a mixing bowl, blend butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Sift flour into bowl and stir well.
- Sprinkle flour onto a clean work surface and put the mixture onto it.
- Press mixture with your fingers, fold it in half, then press again.
- Knead for about a minute.
- Use back of a spoon to press mixture firmly and evenly in bottom of pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Put on wire rack to cool.
- FOR THE FILLING:.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in pure maple syrup, brown sugar, milk, & vanilla.
- In a small bowl: beat the eggs well.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and stir the beaten eggs into mixture and mix well. Pour topping onto your crust.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly over the filling.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Topping will turn dark golden brown but it should be slightly gooey in the middle.
- Leave it to cool before cutting. Enjoy!