A Nice afternoon treat!
Make and share this Pecan Squares recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease jelly roll pan.
- FOR CRUST: Beat flour, sugar, butter and salt in large bowl on medium speed until crumbly (mixture will be dry).
- Press firmly in pan.
- Bake until light golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Prepare filling.
- For Filling: Mix all ingredients except pecans until well blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour filling over baked layer; spread evenly.
- Bake until set, about 25 minutes; cool.
- Cut into 1 1/2" squares.
- Makes about 70 squares.
Made these for a shower, the night before. Lots of oohhh's and aahhh's. A great recipe for a shower goodie because it makes lots! (even with DH trying them, said he had to test them for me.) Guests said they were kinda like butter tarts in a square. I wasn't able to have one but everyone loved them and I had many requests for the recipe. Thanks for posting!!
Very rich and delicious, perfect for your sweet tooth. Was a big hit at the office. I was a little short of corn syrup, so I topped it up with molasses and I substituted brown sugar for the white. It made for a very deep flavour.