Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy recipe and everyone will want a copy. I found this in a old Taste of Home book.
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml butter
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 354.88 ml light corn syrup or 354.88 ml dark corn syrup
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine, melted
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 591.47 ml chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together flour, sugar, butter and salt until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press firmly and evenly into a greased 9 x 13-in baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine first five filling ingredients. Stir in pecans. Spread evenly over hot crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
A very nice square. They needed just few more minutes in my oven to set up properly. A keeper, thanks for sharing!