- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup or 1 1⁄2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together flour, sugar, butter and salt until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press firmly and evenly into a greased 9 x 13-in baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine first five filling ingredients. Stir in pecans. Spread evenly over hot crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.