Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy recipe and everyone will want a copy. I found this in a old Taste of Home book.
Make and share this Pecan Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup or 1 1⁄2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together flour, sugar, butter and salt until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press firmly and evenly into a greased 9 x 13-in baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine first five filling ingredients. Stir in pecans. Spread evenly over hot crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
A very nice square. They needed just few more minutes in my oven to set up properly. A keeper, thanks for sharing!