Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I don't know how I got to be so "blessed" to be born into a family who isn't too fond of nuts, coconut, and raisins... perhaps that makes me enjoy them all the more when I do have them! Can't say enough good things about this recipe (from Southern Living)... sorta a portable pecan pie!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Sift together 2 c flour and 2/3 c powdered sugar.
- Cut in 3/4 c softened butter using a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Pat mixture on bottom and 1 and 1/2 inches up sides of a lightly greased 13x9" baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned; cool.
- Bring brown sugar, honey, 2/3 c butter, and whipping cream to a rolling boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in pecans and pour hot filling into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Cool completely before cutting into 2" squares.