Prep 5 mins
Cook 27 mins
Very easy and most items are on hand to make this delightful coffee cake. If you choose not to sift the flour, use only 1 7/8 cup. This recipe was given to me by a very dear friend and is always a big hit when shared.
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 78.07 ml light brown sugar
- 118.29 ml pecans (chopped)
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour (sifted)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- Mix sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together, then add in sour cream, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift flour salt, soda and baking powder.
- If you choose not to sift ingredients, cut flour back to 1 7/8 cup.
- With a mixer begin with flour mixture and add alternately with 1 cup sour cream mixture, ending with flour mix.
- Pour half of the batter in a greased and floured 9x12 pan, sprinkle with half of the sugar mixture, then remaining batter and finally sprinkle top with remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake at 325 for 27-30 minutes.
I'll take two, no make that three slices. I had to tell myself no more. I handled that quite well, right? Made for Best of 2010.
This cake was moist and delicious, I brought it to church this morning and everyone raved about it! The only change I made was doubling the vanilla and increasing the cinnamon. I thought the directions were a little odd - I just added all the dry ingredients to the creamed ones, it worked fine. I baked it in a 8x12 pan and it needed a few more minutes to cook. One trick I've learned for cakes with streusel middles is when adding the top layer of batter is to spoon out small dollops of batter all over the middle streusel layer, then use an off set spatula to connect and smooth them together, this helps to avoid dragging the struesel off the layer below. My only quibble with this recipe is the stated 5 minute prep time, with chopping nuts, sifting flour and smoothing struesel this took at least 15 minutes to put together and I'm a frequent baker, begginner cooks should allow a bit more than that.
This was super yummy I poured a bit of praline pecan liquor on top of it before serving and it was amazing with or without the liquor. Super yummy :D