Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
originally from "Better Homes and Gardens Cookie Classics"
Make and share this Pecan Snaps recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur or 1 tablespoon coffee
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- to taste chocolate, Grated (optional)
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with foil.
- In a small bowl stir together brown sugar, melted butter, corn syrup and coffee. Stir in pecan s and flour until combined.
- Drop batter by level teaspoon 3" apart, or a level tablespoon (larger cookies) 5" apart, onto prepared cookie sheet. (Bake only 4 or 5 cookies at a time.) Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 min.
- for smaller cookies and 8-10 min, for larger cookies.
- or until cookies are bubbly and a deep golden brown.
- Cool cookies on the cookie sheet for 1-2 min.
- or until set. Quickly remove 1 cookie; roll cookie around a metal cone or the greased handle of a wooden spoon.
- when cookie is firm, slide the cookie off the cone or spoon and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining cookies, 1 at a time. (If cookies harden before you can shape them, reheat them in the oven about 1 min.
- or until softened.) If desired, carefully brush the top edge of each one with melted semisweet chocolate. (Use a light touch, as the cookies are fragile and will break.) Up to 30 min.
- before serving, in a large mixing bowl beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and espresso powder with an electric mixer on low speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe or spoon some of the whipped cream into each cookie. If desired, sprinkle with grated chocolate. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NOTES : To make ahead: Bake, shape and cool cookies as directed.
- Arrange in a single layer in a freezer container and freeze for up to 1 month.
- To serve, thaw frozen cookies for 15 min.
- Prepare whipped cream mixture and fill the cookies as directed .