Chef Danny Boy's Note:
This is a great alternative to classic fried shrimp w/ a southern twist! You can even bake these for a low fat dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups pancake batter
- 2 lbs fresh peaches or 2 lbs frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces spiced rum
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Spiced Peach Chutney.
- 2Cut peaches into 1/2 in cubes.
- 3Add all ingredients to a sauce pan and reduce on low till it thickens.
- 4Refrigerate serve cold.
- 5Start heating oil in a high sided pot or deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- 6Mix pancake batter.
- 7Then Mix Bread crumbs and Pecans together in food pro;.
- 8blend till mixture is thouroughly mixed.
- 9Set out a sheet pan lined with wax paper.
- 10Set up two bowls one of batter and one of breading.
- 11Dip each shrimp in batter making sure to shake of any excess.
- 12Then thouroughly pack with pecan breading and lay on the sheet tray.
- 13Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 14Then fry for 3-5 or till they float and are golden brown.
- 15Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Shrimp W/ Spiced Peach Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3103.9
- Calories from Fat 2720
- Total Fat 302.3 g
- Saturated Fat 39.2 g
- Cholesterol 230.4 mg
- Sodium 495.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 35.0 g
- Protein 37.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: