Recipe by Chef Danny Boy
This is a great alternative to classic fried shrimp w/ a southern twist! You can even bake these for a low fat dish!
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups pancake batter
- 2 lbs fresh peaches or 2 lbs frozen peaches
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces spiced rum
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spiced Peach Chutney.
- Cut peaches into 1/2 in cubes.
- Add all ingredients to a sauce pan and reduce on low till it thickens.
- Refrigerate serve cold.
- Start heating oil in a high sided pot or deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Mix pancake batter.
- Then Mix Bread crumbs and Pecans together in food pro;.
- blend till mixture is thouroughly mixed.
- Set out a sheet pan lined with wax paper.
- Set up two bowls one of batter and one of breading.
- Dip each shrimp in batter making sure to shake of any excess.
- Then thouroughly pack with pecan breading and lay on the sheet tray.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Then fry for 3-5 or till they float and are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.