Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I use large shrimp and coarsley chop them, I always like to have a bite of shrimp with the creaminess of the cheese. This can be used as either a spread ( for sandwiches, bagels, tortilla wraps etc ) or as a dip ( tortilla chips, crackers, veggies etc ) Cook time is chill time. You can also sub any nut you like or leave out completely but I like the crunch of them. I will also add a kick of Cayenne Pepper when I know my family won't be home ( they dislike spicy spreads )
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons beer
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons onions, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- In a medium bowl with your hand mixer, blend well the cream cheese, beer, celery, onion, Worcestershire Sauce and dry mustard, adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Stirring with a spoon, add the shrimp and pecans to the mixture.
- Combining well Chill covered for about an hour.