Recipe by Debbb
This is a yummy, no-fuss, no-fail shortbread recipe that I have been making for Christmas for many years now. You MUST use butter in this recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar (approx. amount)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter in a large bowl. Beat in icing sugar & vanilla.
- Add salt, then flour to creamed mixture. (Mixture will still be crumbly.).
- With your hands or a wooden spoon, add the pecans until evenly distributed. (Mixture will now resemble cookie dough.).
- Shape dough into the size of dates (make a ball between your hands & then slightly squish to give the oblong shape), dredge in superfine sugar & place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 25 minutes until lightly browned.