This is a yummy, no-fuss, no-fail shortbread recipe that I have been making for Christmas for many years now. You MUST use butter in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2With an electric mixer, cream butter in a large bowl. Beat in icing sugar & vanilla.
- 3Add salt, then flour to creamed mixture. (Mixture will still be crumbly.).
- 4With your hands or a wooden spoon, add the pecans until evenly distributed. (Mixture will now resemble cookie dough.).
- 5Shape dough into the size of dates (make a ball between your hands & then slightly squish to give the oblong shape), dredge in superfine sugar & place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 6Bake 25 minutes until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Shortbread Melts
Serving Size: 1 (709 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.4
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 39.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g