Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a yummy, no-fuss, no-fail shortbread recipe that I have been making for Christmas for many years now. You MUST use butter in this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter in a large bowl. Beat in icing sugar & vanilla.
- Add salt, then flour to creamed mixture. (Mixture will still be crumbly.).
- With your hands or a wooden spoon, add the pecans until evenly distributed. (Mixture will now resemble cookie dough.).
- Shape dough into the size of dates (make a ball between your hands & then slightly squish to give the oblong shape), dredge in superfine sugar & place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 25 minutes until lightly browned.